Monday, August 03, 2009

My buddy Jeremy has given me a Mitre to restore. I've carefully unpicked it and found a date inside which you can just see in this picture, it says 1896. Boy, that's old.
It's a beautiful thing with pearls and garnets along the Victorian metalwork edge. I've found the perfect red fabric and have replaced these tattered and worn bits.
With shiny new lining tails.The embroidery on it is exquisite and there are semi precious stones inside the circles on the front.
It has a cross on the top that has two stones missing so a friend, Sheila is going to replace them with moonstones for us.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger red-handed said...

Makes me think of crushed leaves found in old books. Good luck!

5:10 pm  
Blogger JoeyJoJo said...

Welcome Red-handed. Sorry it's taken so long to get back here. I've been busy on other things. Thanks for your lovely comment.
Jo.L

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home